(This blog post is written by 1-800-GOT-JUNK?’s Public Relations Intern, Stephanie Whalen.)
Happy spring everyone! It is time again to embrace the sunshine, enjoy all that is in bloom and tidy up our lives! Tradition has it that when spring has sprung, we clean out the junk that is bringing us down. We shake out that throw rug, we clean out our closets, and we scrub the floors. Families, couples, singles and roommates- we all feel motivation from the glorious sun rays to make things sparkle! This chore however, can be daunting. So make it easy by following our 6 Priority Areas to Spring Clean.
- Kitchen- Your kitchen is the most frequently used room in your home, therefore it needs the most attention come spring. The kitchen hosts dinners, parties and lots of commotion, which means there are bound to be some left-overs stuck in the cracks of the oven. By scrubbing your oven, fridge and sink, you are going to feel inspired to host a whole new batch of summer parties!
- Bedding- Each night after a stressful day, your bed is there to comfort you. It is important that you not only clean bed sheets but your pillows too (once a season.) Luckily it is spring, so you can hang your clean sheets and pillows out to dry, soaking up the fresh air.
- Carpets and Rugs- The floor that we walk on takes some serious abuse. Whether it is your kids’ muddy shoes, the family dog’s paws or just feet in general, our carpets and rugs have seen some dirt. For this task, consider renting a carpet cleaner to get the deepest clean possible (You can rent these machines from your local hardware store and even some grocery stores.) Another option is to hire someone to tackle the task for you, which will cut back on your duties.
- Windows- How will you enjoy the summer sunshine with foggy windows? Spray down your screens, and squeegee the winter grim away to let the fresh air and vitamin D in.
- Garage- The garage is a junk magnet. It is so easy to chuck whatever doesn’t quite fit in the house, in the garage. Unfortunately, we do this all too often and before you know it, our cars no longer fit. There are some great garage organizers you can purchase but make sure you’re taking into account what you actually need…if you haven’t used it in over a year, you may need our service: we love getting those cars back in their ports by hauling away the junk!
- Digital- Junk isn’t limited to our physical space anymore so don’t skip out on digital spring cleaning. Organize the files on your computer and sync all your devices to each other properly. Delete angry birds version 1.0 along with any other apps you no longer use on your smartphone. Sweep up Facebook….get rid of those unfortunate pictures that have somehow made it to your timeline, they will only hurt you down the road.
Leave a comment below this post telling us your favorite thing to clean in your house or your digital realm!
Comments are closed.